Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Create your own at BlingyBlob.com

With the wait increasing as the days go by I spend a lot of time, thinking, dreaming and wondering. Thinking about the changes this child is going to bring to us, our lives and our world. All good changes I believe but changes never less. Dreaming of a land far away, a land of our child's birth and heritage and Wondering, how long when all is said and done we will have waited. Again all worth it but torture while going thru it.
I have also been thinking about a custom in Chinese adoption. Now for my family and friends, To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei, or "100 Good Wishes Quilt." It is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the family and friends who contributed a piece of fabric. The quilt is then passed down from generation to generation. When we first started this journey and I thought about having a quilt made, I called Andrew godmother, who can and does do everything but doesn't quilt. She did tell me that cousin Diane, (Andrew's cousins wife) quilts beautifully. So the next time I spoke to her I told her all about the adoption & the custom of the quilt. "Of course was her response, just let me know what you need" But for some reason, I am not sure I want to have one made and I don't know why. Stupid I know, but with the wait I know I have time to decide.
The other thing that I have been thinking about is my hair. I was letting my hair grow for my sister Kerri Ann's wedding (I'm the maid of honour) and then I planned on getting it chopped short right after. Right now it is below my shoulder blades. I was reading a favorite blog of mine and was inspired as to what Melissa did. She cut her hair off and is donating it to
locks of love. I thought WOW that is a great thing to do, I have know people who have done it before but I thought that your hair couldn't be color treated( not that mine is LOL), it can be and still donated. So the little hamster in my brain went into over time on his wheel. What I am thinking of doing, is not cutting my hair in October but letting it grow and leave it grow till Aislinn come home from China and once that happens then cut it and donate to Locks of love.
Told ya its not good when I think!!!!

As Always Be Good & Be Safe


.

Labels:







This is an account of our lifes as we head down the path of life towards our first child. An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief

DTC 4/20/07...LID4/26/07. ...Referral 5/27/10~Waiting for our TA...Aislinn Day is March 6,2011


RockYou FunNote - Get Your Own

Girly Comments & Graphics

Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Photobucket Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Girly Comments & Graphics







Beijing

Terror Alert Level




Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com