Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Patrick's Graphics, Myspace Layouts, Glitter Graphics from Dollielove.com
WOW! I can not believe that it has been a whole month since my last post. A lot has happened in those 4 weeks but we still do not have our Dossier in China, and with China’s new rules going into effect on the 1st of May we might not make the deadline and we won’t qualify to adopt from China. We are still waiting on our I -171H. I thought it was going to be Andrew’s fingerprints that gave us trouble but no it is my Mom’s. On March 2 I received a letter from Homeland Security (INS) stating that my mothers fingerprints were unreadable and that another appt was set up for March 10th for her fingerprints to be taken. Over the next few day emails went back and forth between me, my agency, INS, and a woman by the name of Teresa who is helping me finish up getting my dossier together. We went on the 10th to Hempstead for the Appointment and was in and out within 20 minutes (and the place was packed). On Wednesday March 14th I had to call the INS office between the hours of 9AM and 1pm, I called and left 2 messages wanting to know if the prints came out ok. At 3:30 that afternoon I received a phone call from them stating that my mother's fingerprints could not be read and that she will have to sit for an interview with an INS officer and bring her 5 year background check (letter of good conduct from the local police dept, which yes we already have) in Manhattan.But as of today we still don't have that appointment.I emailed INS yesterday (as per their instruction on Wednesday)and still haven't heard from them.Our I-171H is the only thing holding us up, all our other paperwork has been sent off to the Secretary of State for State certification then to the Chinese Consulate for Authentication.
So it will be down to the wire to see if we make it! I'll keep you posted.
As always Be Good and Be Safe.

Labels:







This is an account of our lifes as we head down the path of life towards our first child. An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief

DTC 4/20/07...LID4/26/07. ...Referral 5/27/10~Waiting for our TA...Aislinn Day is March 6,2011


RockYou FunNote - Get Your Own

Girly Comments & Graphics

Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Photobucket Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Girly Comments & Graphics







Beijing

Terror Alert Level




Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com