Tuesday, January 30, 2007





OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES


Even thou Aislinn will be the first time that Andrew and I become parents we have years of practice. From our 8 nieces and nephews (ages 20 to 2), to our goddaughter and her twin sister (7) to the 11 kids that I have taken care of over the last 16 years. These 11 kids break down to 4 families. My day to day is with 3 of these kids (4, 20 months & 14months) One family is a night thing or if they want to take a mini vacation by themselves. (without 5 kids ages 14 to 5) and the last three (ages 16, 13 & 10) I get once a week. That’s our night to do what ever (dinner, shopping, movies or just hanging out) and they hold a very special place in our hearts. Aislinn will be very lucky to have these three in her life. I know Micheala (16) will teach my child how to speak her mind and stand up for herself, what jokes to play on people and get away with it, and how to make awesome deserts.
Rachael will teach her fashion and style, what’s in and what not, and she will be a big sister to Aislinn in every sense of the word.
Connor will teach her about sports (soccer, basketball how to ride a skateboard) and how to beat all the levels on any video game. The following letter was written by Rachael for our social worker. It won’t make it into our dossier but it is something that I will treasure for the rest of my life.
To whom it may concern, June 4, 2006

My name is Rachael and I am 12 years old. I have known Donna and Andrew for my whole life. I am very close to both of them. Donna started babysitting my older sister (who is now16) when she was first born. She also baby-sits me and my brother who is now 10 years old. Donna and I have become very close over the last seven or eight years. I enjoy spending time with her. She is like my second mother and Andrew is like my second father. I go to their house almost every weekend and I see Donna every Thursday because she baby-sits my brother Conner, my sister Micheala, and me.
Even though my brother and sister may not be as close to Donna and Andrew but I am, and I know that they would be awesome parents. They have plenty of experience in their life of taking care of children. I feel that they are fully prepared for the responsibility of a child. I love them both to death and if it took one thing to make them happy this would be it. They have both worked so hard for this. I know that other people have worked just as hard but they really deserve this!
We do many things together. We shop; we visit her relatives in Maryland and upstate. She comes to our sporting events and school activities. We also go camping together, its lots of fun! If Donna and Andrew were to get approved they said I would be able to go with them to China but they probably will be going during the school year so I would not be able to go with them to get the baby. I really think that Aislinn Maraha will have the kind of relationship with her parents that I have with them now. Aislinn will also have me to help her grow and show her new things! I really think that Donna and Andrew have the energy and the responsibility to raise a child. Also to bring an child into this world, to grow and to care for with their strong love!
Sincerely,
Rachael

AS ALWAYS BE GOOD AND BE SAFE

Labels:







This is an account of our lifes as we head down the path of life towards our first child. An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief

DTC 4/20/07...LID4/26/07. ...Referral 5/27/10~Waiting for our TA...Aislinn Day is March 6,2011


RockYou FunNote - Get Your Own

Girly Comments & Graphics

Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Photobucket Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Girly Comments & Graphics







Beijing

Terror Alert Level




Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com