Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Well I made it back!
I been trying to work on this post since Andrew and I came back from our weekend with the in laws late Sunday evening. Normally stupid comments about the adoption don't effect me but this one did. Our weekend with the family was a really good one (I'll post all about it in another post).
Now, we have all heard the comments that people feel they have the right to say once they hear that you are adopting.
Now you will get pregnant...............
Will she speak English.........
How much are you paying for her.............
Why go there when there are so many children here...

Are you going to tell her she is adopted..........
And the list goes on but on Sunday I was floored by what was said to me. We were sitting in my MIL's kitchen when my FIL's cousin and his wife stopped over to day goodbye before they headed back to the island with their grandchildren. The adoption was brought up and she asked well when are you getting her. My response was "not for quite awhile, at least 2 years before we travel" She asked WHY? I tried to explain to her the best I about the China program, to which she said to me ( hold on to your hats for this one) "Well you should cancel the adoption because by the time you get your daughter you will be too old to enjoy her and raise her, you will not have any patience for a toddler at that age". Andrew is 45 & I'm 44. We have a godchild who's parents were 50 when they gave birth to her and her twin. Even if we don't get Aislinn till we both hit 50 I don't think its the age that matters but the person.
No, I didn't say anything to her, I was to stunned plus I never talk back to my elders. I was tempted but at a lost for words.
As Always Be Good & Be Safe

Labels:







This is an account of our lifes as we head down the path of life towards our first child. An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief

DTC 4/20/07...LID4/26/07. ...Referral 5/27/10~Waiting for our TA...Aislinn Day is March 6,2011


RockYou FunNote - Get Your Own

Girly Comments & Graphics

Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Photobucket Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Girly Comments & Graphics







Beijing

Terror Alert Level




Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com